We are doing some entertaining this weekend. Are you having company too? I thought I would dress up the bathroom just a tad. Not something I usually do. But I have always loved the idea of a touch of Christmas in the powder room. I suppose I am usually busy running around getting other things ready!
Turns out that it doesn't take much to do. I hung up some of my prettiest linens and then tucked in a sprig of greens. I spent a minute chasing down a bit of red ribbon, but I'll have to add that later if I come across it soon enough.
These were tucked away in a drawer just asking to be brought out for a party!
The light is coming from a skylight directly overhead lending an unexpected softness to this corner of the bathroom. This little stool is usually here with a more utilitarian look.
I brought out a small embroidered cloth that I had kinda forgotten about since I only use it during the holidays. Perfect for the theme.
I have a mini renovation going on in here that started out slick and spare with a sort of spa vibe. What was I thinking? Ha ha!
After I added a ruffled curtain to go with the new shower stall, I realized what direction I really wanted to go.
We had a glass shower door removed along with pink and turquoise ceramic tiles. I would show you the before pictures, but I wouldn't dream of ever having anything so ugly put up on the blog! But here are a couple of "after" shots.
The river stones add a nice earthy vibe. (I have called this a little shower redo, but in reality we learned that two exterior walls had to be rebuilt in order to re-tile. OUCH!!!)
Greens in a pitcher fit here nicely.
And a little Frasier Fir soap and candle add to the ambience.
A few vinatge linens can add so much!
A nice and simple way to say welcome in the loo!
Lots of activity going on from here on out!
But at least there's a little tranquility to escape to!
(only half kidding . . .)
I hope it's a wonderfully festive weekend for you!
Jacqueline
Join me at

0 Comments