Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Fed up and frustrated!

For various reasons I'm feeling fed up and frustrated. I'm fed up that my house is a mess and my garden is over grown and I'm frustrated that there never seems to be enough time to make my own work... I have plenty of ideas that never seem to come to fruition because there is always something else that needs seeing to. Totally overshadowing everything at the moment is the saga of "The Bridesmaid Dresses".

Far too long a story to go into here but if I say it has been a catalogue of postponed wedding, unanswered calls and ultimately two out of the four girls refusing to come for fittings because they are too busy I think you begin to get the picture! As a result when I should have been making work for my Open Studio everything has been delayed and I've been struggling with satin instead!

I did manage a day off yesterday when I went into London with some friends to see the Julia Caprara School of Textile Art degree show. Some lovely thought provoking work but a little scary to think that is what I've got to do in three years time (will you all come to my degree show?)

No photos allowed but these are a selection of postcards showing the work. After a delightful lunch (it was in a restaurant with some famous TV chef but I didn't have a clue who he was... the man from masterchef possibly?) I then left the others and went to see an exhibition of Marc Quinn's work at the White Cube gallery which I found quite disturbing but I think it will feed in nicely to my essay which is comparing artists who use the body in their work.
And talking of bodies... these four are still having a good time by the look of things...

Joe and his friends in a lake in Kashmir... that's the life eh?

Ah well... one more dress to finish (not to mention the essay) so I'm not sure what I'm doing having a moan on here... better go! Have a good weekend!

Post a Comment

0 Comments