- I enjoyed this month's challenge
- I love taking still life photos with all four cameras I use
- I still need to learn more about the Canon 7D-DSLR
- I will cry if my older Olympus SP-590UZ ever dies on me
- I will always be thankful for my reliable little Nikon Coolpix S6400 point & shoot
- I'm loving my new iPhone 5S which takes much better pics than my old version
For the challenge this month I'm showing still life photos taken around my home. I like that they have an autumnal feel to them.
I read that still life photography means to make a picture rather than to catch one - I think that says it all!
I pruned my New Dawn Rose on the back fence last weekend.
The clippings included several stems with rosehips which I
decided to add to this simple black glass vase from IKEA.
I love how the shadows appear almost like writing on the dining room walls.
I used the Nikon Coolpix S6400 for this pic.
I would love to have this pic made into an iPhone case - anyone know how
you can do that?
I think the dark background for the pumpkin is quite painterly, and with some additional
PicMonkey editing, I've tried to get that same feeling as seen in those old oil paintings
by using darks, highlights and textures. Taken with the Olympus SP-590UZ.
Old hotel silver spoon, fresh apricots and a peach - on my wood topped kitchen island - used the trusty Olympus again, my go to camera for food pics.
Hope you stop by Donna's place HERE to see more great pics for the October
Personal Photo challenge.





0 Comments