A quiet weekend, where we continue to enjoy a jigsaw that seems to be never ending. It remains on the dining table and as we pass it do a few pieces here and there. We have a new book of crosswords that we are also enjoying. Crafting still remains a major part of my day, this time cards. I have made a few for the card box which I can add the sentiment to if I need a card in a rush.
The snippets of card/paper stock not wasted I went on to make some fridge magnets for the 'doorstep blessings'.
Sunday, I walked down to the outbuilding to refill the peat bucket and check on the chickens. It was bitterly cold and the ground solid as it had frozen overnight. As I looked around it was quite amazing that not a soul could be seen. There was the odd rustling as a sheep moved through the longer grass that was not frozen and a sigh from the wind hitting a rugged fence or building. It was a joy to be outside and enjoy the deafening silence and the stunning beauty. You could see the wisps of smoke coming from the chimneys and the smell of burning peat permeating around the village. I may be in lockdown but I can still enjoy the never ending beauty that surrounds me.
I set up a cosy corner for us to enjoy afternoon tea together, using the roses that Gerard had bought for me as a focal point. It was nice to reminisce about some of the places we have had afternoon tea and compare some of the amazing treats we have eaten over the years. This I must admit was a lot of leftovers but we enjoyed it none the less.
I thank all those that left comments and well wishes on my last post, it was greatly appreciated. Take acre and stay safe wherever you are in the World.
See you soon.

0 Comments